Awareness creation to Students, new note books & certificates distribution
Interschool Recycling Championship 2017
Joint Initiative of ITC WOW-Wellbeing Out Of Waste & GHMC
- To educate and motivate school students about the significance of source segregation of waste.
- To create opportunities for the school students to practically channel their paper and dry waste towards recycling and thereby reduce pressure on virgin natural resources.
- To engage school students in spreading the key messages of source segregation to their peer group members, families and neighborhoods.
- To inform the students about National flagship programme of ‘SWACHH BHARAT’ and motivating them to develop appropriate behavioural practices for the same.
- Training of about 1,500 school teachers on the importance of source segregation of waste and sustainable waste management for achieving Swachh Bharat.
- of Schools approached are 2,000, No. of Schools enrolled to implement ISRC are 1,700, and School-wise orientation programmes on source segregation of waste organized in 951 schools and educated 8 lak students.
- Recycling exchange programme organized in 951 schools through which 95,000 students have contributed 700 Mt of paper waste & dry waste.
- Students exchanged paper & dry waste with new note books & stationery worth of Rs. 61.25 lak.
- Appreciation certificates distributed to 95,000 no. of students for their enthusiastic participation & tremendous support.
- Environmental savings by recycling of above 700 Mt of paper & dry waste are as follows,
- of Trees saved through pulping 15,400, Water consumption saving 18,200 Kilo Liters, Energy savings 3, 15,000 Units, Landfill space saving 770 Cubic Meter and reduction of Carbon dioxide 672 MT.